Saturday, January 28, 2012

Zoom out...

01-28-2012. Today I was going to sketch a friend's son for her. Unfortunately, as I went through her photo albums, I wasn't able to find a large enough photo to be able to see his face clearly. What I did run across gave me an idea, though. And a welcome break for a day. I found a photo of him from more of a distance and decided to sketch more of his body as opposed to just a head. I didn't do nearly as bad as I thought I might. I still get nightmare images of mannequin-like stiffness from tying to sketch bodies...bodies that developed odd proportions...a lack of fluidity...*shudder* Anyhoo, This made me relatively happy. What I remembered AFTER I started sketching him is that further away = less facial features. Which made me a bit sad, since I love looking at faces. But I couldn't very well make his head bigger with sharp features. Poor guy would look like a bobble head. Hopefully, though, soon I can get a photo a bit larger of him to indulge in my need to sketch faces.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment