Thursday, January 26, 2012

Judith

01-26-2012. Some days are harder than others. What do I mean? I dunno. In the direction that my invisible artist sitting in my brain seems to be going at the moment, I suppose that the closest I could get to what I mean is that some days the person I sketch just for some reason doesn't feel like it's taking on the page. The characteristics that I see don't seem to jibe with what winds up going onto the page. What I hope to eventually be able to do (and I'll swear to it...at least for today...) is to get loose, descriptive lines, AND have that person look back at me from the page. This period that I seem to be going through now is helping me work toward it, I suppose, since I'm becoming more familiar with sketching the human face, and the lines are a lot looser than before. Could they BE looser? Of course. Do I want them to be? I'm almost absolutely positive. Ever onward...

Now where was I?  Oh yes. Today. Well, today was an easier day. I hardly grimaced at all when my little inner artist inside my brain grabbed the marker pen and started at it. Time flew, not a lot of thought. I'd give it a thumb's up day. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment