Monday, January 16, 2012

Christy

01-16-2012. Christy posed a few challenges to me. One, she's facing forward...like I mentioned before in another post, head on is not a very desirable pose for me, since it seems to feel a bit static. Two, like the baby yesterday, this woman has NO wrinkles. I was afraid she'd wind up looking fake and plastic. And three, she's almost totally symmetrical. The tells of asymmetry are very slight in her facial features.  I was expecting this sketch to crash and burn. I was, however, surprisingly pleased by the result. With her hair and those minute differences she turned out well, I think. And the pose actually works well. It's good, I think, to make sure that when you sketch a face you make sure to keep doing it from different angles... experience is good.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment