Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Into the Blizzard....




Today was a tad snowy.  If you hadn't heard.  Um.  Yeah.  Pretty much the entire middle of the United States.  Witness:


And as such, I didn't get a chance to sketch on the train.  If you've ever been on an EL in rush hour you understand.  You make close friends.  FAST.  I'm certain that in some countries if you stood that close together it would be grounds for marriage.  Needless to say, getting a pen and a pad of paper out is nigh on impossible.  And since everyone (intelligently) decided to leave the automobiles at home if they could, the trains were EXTRA packed.  I think I may be a polygamist. 

But what I DID do, after getting blown down the stairs from the train platform, was skedaddle to the coffee shop to  get a bit of sketching in.  Along with waiting for the winds to lull for a minute.



(02-01-2011.  This is the "blindest" drawing I've done so far.  Yes, I did peek to make sure the eye didn't have an out-of-body experiment.  I'm still trying to let loose.   I have a feeling that this is going to take a bit for me to remember to not look.  What is it?  The need to have things places correctly?  The ego that doesn't want you to see a total blob of oddity?  Honestly... probably both.  I apologize for the ego. I have a very large one.  It may take a while to be beaten into submission.)

These two were doing the same thing I was... hiding out from the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment