Saturday, February 26, 2011

Zen


There is something so zen, if I can use an oft overused word, about not THINKING, and just doing.  We really, as a whole, need to do more of this.  Aha, you say, but people DON'T think sometimes.  My argument:  They DO think, but don't spend time relaxing out of the whirlwind that their life has become enough to relax and therefore when they "Don't think", they're letting all the outside influences get to them and making snap unwise choices.  I'm guilty of this.  We all are at one time or another.  My point being, it doesn't take a week long vacation and thousands of dollars spent at a spa or Disneyland to relax.  Honestly, when I see people go off on vacations, they often come home tense from the many "Fun" things they have scheduled themselves to do in a finite time period.  It's all about RELAXING.  Getting away from all the stuff that's constantly beating at your head.  And just being.  And it's harder than you'd think. 

(02-26-2011.  Today I work on winding down from too much thinking.  My way?  Drawing.  Painting.  No people.  Me and the cat in the inner sanctum and the world locked outside the door.  I loosened up with a couple of sketches of myself, since the cat went MIA for a bit.  Partially blind, partially peeking, I think this one was more successful than the other day with utilizing the brush pen and the harder tipped one.)

No comments:

Post a Comment