Saturday, February 5, 2011

At the Coffee Shop


Welcome to Saturday!!!  Today I wandered down to the coffee shop and had a nice session watching the people go by.  The sketching... possibilities, but not so much.....

(02-05-2011.  The gent up in the top corner was my first try, and a very good possibility, since he was sitting there all nice and comfortable reading a book.  And then.... he finished.  Sigh.  I either need to sketch faster or improve my mind powers of persuasion.  The second was the lady with the bubbly hat...same story.  The third, the lady at the bottom wandered in with her laptop and I was quite happy to try sketching her, she seemed very "photogenic".  There's something just very stiff about this one though...)

(02-05-2011.  The second round went better, but worse.  This is what it looks like when you REALLY don't look.)

When you don't look, it does have some cool consequences (as long as you really don't care if it looks like a person)...the lines are fun.  The problem with this one is that while I was concentrating on trying to "feel" where the lines were on the paper, I lost my connection with pressure sensitivity.  Once I can link those two things together, I'm thinking there might be some interesting things to go on.


And afterwards?  I made a snowman.

No comments:

Post a Comment