Thursday, February 3, 2011

One more before I hit the road...

(02-03-2011. Another Me.  This time only lifting the pen four times.  I'll sit back and wait while you count.  Go ahead.  I know you want to.)

Today was another snow day for me, the last one, hopefully, for a while.  I won't call it what it really was, which was sleeping in late and sitting around because I had a cold, which sounds way too whiny.  Snow Day it is.  Anyhoo, it was suggested to me by one of the better sketchers/artists in my group who has taken me under his wing a bit to STOP PICKING UP THE DAMN PEN.  Okay, my words, but same sentiments.  So I did.  One more thing I've been doing is switching up where I actually start the sketching.  Before I would ALWAYS ALWAYS.  Did I say ALWAYS? start the sketching by doing eyes, nose, then mouth within a lighter circle, then go back and draw the head fuller.  and I'd always wind up with horsey-looking people.  This way I get all sorts of different results.  Plus it's just fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment