Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Friends...

Today I got on the train and sat next to a gent who was reading.  I pulled out my sketchbook and suddenly he was chatting with me.  He reminded me a bit of Happy from Snow White.  Or maybe Doc.  Either way he was charming and we wound up chatting all the way to downtown.  He told me that he'd passed retirement but that he loved his job so much that he stayed on at the Post Office.  That he wasn't "postal".  And he called me Mrs. Rembrandt.  Very sweet. It was quite a nice trip to work.  Probably one of the nicest I've had.

(03-22-2011.  medium point pen.  Quite a few get up and leavers.  Right above the gent behind the pole, the forehead...I thought he had great promise.  Unfortunately he decided to get up and go to work.)

No comments:

Post a Comment