Thursday, March 24, 2011

After the Museum

I went to the Chicago Art Institute today.  A very interesting experience.  It's much better if you go on a slower day so that you can really stop and look.  The worst thing you can do wandering in is taking your ego with you.  If you do that you forget to stop and LOOK to actually see it.  I'm guilty of this.  At least I figured it out and I can check it at the door.  How did I realize it?  Going in to see Pollock.  I've always thought of him as a bit of a hack, dribble dribble dribble paint.  Well, I went in and stood staring at his painting "Greyed Rainbow" and it actually is quite interesting...  I took lots of photos of details of it...


Art teaches us once again....

(03-24-2011.  A few people before the train started filling up and blocking views.  Yeah, I'm thinking not so hot either.  But we practice we practice.)

No comments:

Post a Comment