Saturday, April 21, 2012

Say AAAAAAHHH!

I've been reading Hogarth. I really do like him, but I'm having a problem. What he's talking about sketching is face front or profile, while most of the people I see and sketch are not. Of course, I haven't gotten very far into the book, so I'm sure this will be covered later, but for now... I thought I'd mix it up some. I still want to add in more torso, but I also want to work on learning the face more intimately. I figure a good way of doing this is to see it moving. twisting, turning, opening, closing, squinting, sticking out, pinching in... get the bone structure/muscle structure/skin moving and shifting. So I asked my friends if they wouldn't mind sharing some silly photos, and got a couple of bites. Thanks to Amber, I found this great guy in her albums. It LOOKS like he tossed something up in the air and is in the process of waiting for it to come down so he could catch it. :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment