Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Ken

I'd asked my friends a while ago to borrow their faces. You've seen them popping through here a lot. Usually I get the coolest, largest, clearest face that I can so can see the details. I've avoided sketching poor Ken... not because I don't like the fella...but because his photos were a bit on the smaller side and a bit fuzzy because of the sizing. It has had to do in the past with a lack of comfort in knowing the mechanics of the face...the underlying skeleton, muscles, then the overlapping skin and all the folds and movement that you can get from them. If I tried it before, I'd purposefully shade in or blur out the part that I couldn't define. After the practice that I've had over the past year with the many different faces, features, angles, I finally felt comfortable enough to give it a shot, extrapolating from my knowledge database in my brain and filling in the fuzzy gaps and I think that I didn't do too bad of a job... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment