Thursday, November 17, 2011

so....


I asked my friends if I could sketch them, and several said yes. Which I love. And is a bit scary. Since when you sketch someone you KNOW, it's supposed to LOOK like them, right? (And you want to be able to balance getting it to look or feel somewhat like them vs. keeping cool lines to keep it interesting and fun. Yeah. Well, sorry, Charles. I sorta bombed out tonight. The line weight isn't too bad, but it feels stilted. I even tried another one. Same thing. Stage fright? Possibly. Bad Drawing Day? Probably. I run through those some days, where you try and you try so hard and no matter how loose you want to try to get it, it just sucks. Usually I can loosen up through a gazillion attempted and aborted sketches, but since it's 11:41...I'm thinking that it's just time to go to bed and I'll loosen up more tomorrow and find my happy place. On an up note, it WAS fun to draw the shower cap...)  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment