Friday, November 25, 2011

Karen and Nancy

(11-25-2011. I cheated. I'll readily admit. To sketch Karen and Nancy I pulled out my 11x14 inch sketch pad. I knew if I tried to do it in my 8x10 I'd never have had enough room for my favorite marker without making them smudges. I also admit I took my pencil and drew two ovals and a few lines to keep their eyes, noses, and mouths on the correct tangent, since drawing things on an angle seems to be a weak spot of mine. I wind up making them off. But you know what they say...practice practice practice. I took a photo of this to upload to my blog, but decided that there was something sorta flat about Nancy... she needed some shading to make her more three dimensional, but I didn't want to do a really heavy shading. So I compromised. I think it's not too bad...) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment