Friday, February 3, 2012

Mom, part 2... more live sketching...

02-03-2012. The problem with people knowing that you're sketching them is that sometimes they become self conscious. Take my mom, for example, who is up to visit me. She was doing fine, coloring in her coloring book with two different head poses. Up to look at the TV, down and tipped a bit to the left to color Winnie the Pooh. Then I happened to mention something, because she looked like she had stopped coloring (when in all actuality she was just getting out a bigger box of crayons). I told her to ignore me, and just keep coloring, but instead of being relaxed, her lips became tense, she kept wobbling all over the place, and it made it quite a bit harder to sketch. "But I don't remember how I was sitting!" "Just color. You were doing it naturally."  We managed to muddle through, and I'd have to say STILL not half bad for a live sketch. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment