Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Eyeball

02-07-2012. After tossing around some ideas with Stephanie and Hans, another couple of  friends from WAN with great ideas, I decided to try to split out for a bit... continue sketching full faces to keep in practice, but also separate out body parts so that I'm not so much focused on the position, but on the lines... simplifying, blocking hair out into big blocks... letting the line talk for me. I've always loved a nice vibrant line.

So today I took a pencil, sketched out my basic eyeball, and used that brush marker from yesterday to play with the lines. It's a bit odd and uncomfortable, holding the pen. I'm switching around trying to get the best change of line with the most stable hold. Of course this time I was slouched sideways in the chair with my legs folded. I should probably sit up right... ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment