Monday, February 6, 2012

Mirror Image

02-06-2012. I was having this discussion with some fellow artists about my sketches. They agreed with me that they've been helping me get my features in the correct place, but I've been feeling a bit of discontent... not that I've done anything WRONG, per se... it's just that in my sketches I've become a bit static, and this is an ongoing exploration. They helped me voice this and tossed out a couple of ideas. This is why I love the art groups that I hang in. It's a never ending supply of wisdom.

So today I dug through my art supplies, and came up with some Prang Brush Pens that HAVE to be 30 years old, but still working (well, MOST of them are in working condition...hurrah!). I wandered over to my comfy chair, pulled the mirror around, and sketched myself. Not as loose as my cohorts were probably wanting me to go for, but definitely looser than I've been doing. I used the side of it, and held it loosely, creating a wider variance in the line thickness. I pretty much loved the color difference, too. So far so happy. :)

Thanks, guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment