Saturday, December 24, 2011

Squinting into the stagelights...

(12-24-2011. My friend Jason let me use his face [since the coffee shop was closed, I had no live victims...well, besides myself and the cat...]...and I stole one from when he was onstage under some very bright lights. I'm not sure that he liked the photo a whole lot to begin with, but I did. I love character photos. And in keeping with yesterday's sketch I felt like exploring it some more and exploring the function of lines as the primary subject and the actual subject becoming almost secondary... or merging the two so that while you notice the personality traits, you also notice the economy and placement of line. When the two shall meet, hopefully with more practice, then I'll be happy and satisfied. For a moment.) ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment