Thursday, December 29, 2011

Jim

(12-29-2011. So I noticed something that I've been gravitating toward but hadn't voiced until I spotted myself doing it to Jim, a friend from my art groups... When I sketch someone I usually us a thin marker to sketch them out and then come back in and fill in different lines and areas. I used to use the thicker marker and outline over every thin line. Well, NOW I've been catching myself doing less and less of that. Letting each line be separate and convey something different, it feels. I don't have a more verbal explanation than that... and while I've been leaving out almost any and all shading, I've also been adding in small lines that have nothing to do with when I see the person, or the photo. But for some reason they please me and that little artist chick that lives inside my unconscious self. Is this where my concept of sketching someone, of drawing them becomes less a study of the anatomy and physicality, and more about art? I'm very interested in seeing what happens next. It may happen slowly...I really don't wish to force anything. When I do that, it all comes crashing down around my ears. But I'll let the little artist in her zone decide what happens. Whatever happens, I'm sure I'll learn something from it. And that in itself is very exciting!)  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment