Monday, August 29, 2011

215th post... sleepy baby....

(08-29-2011. Most of the time I start out sketching something with absolutely NO idea of what I'm going to sketch until approximately 3 seconds before I sketch it. And I have no idea HOW I'm going to sketch it. The formula for sketching something went out the window almost 200 sketches ago. There are times, though, when I start sketching, and a picture forms... not an actual picture of what I'm sketching, obviously, since it hasn't been done yet, but a picture in my head of the lines... and where I'd seen that type of line before. This sketch  started out with the left then the right eyebrow, and by the time I started in on the right eye... it reminded me of a book that I'd read when I was probably ten. I believe it was a Ripley's believe it or Not book...Or Rudyard Kipling. Either way it had a black cover... but the sketches of people looked like what was forming at the end of my pen. So I had to ask myself, was my subconscious making the pen work the way it did because of the pictures in the book? Or did my subconscious just have an "oh, cool!" moment, invite me along, then ignore the similarities? Hmmmm.)

No comments:

Post a Comment