Friday, May 27, 2011

Eric


(05-27-2011. Sometimes you just have to go with what your gut wants. I had no idea whatsoever to sketch today [yes, my book called to me once again.  What can I say, I'm hooked on books.] and my friend Eric graciously let me play in his photo albums on Facebook. I started out by drawing the top one, and was pretty satisfied for a quick drawing, but I had to go back in and let my fingers roam again. Short, simple, almost, if not, cartoonlike, the second sketch took a fraction of the time, but pleases me so much more. Could it be the hat?  The mustache? [both of which I am fascinated with, by the way...they make him look like a badass Texas Ranger...or maybe I've been watching too much Lone Wolf McQuade...] Either way, I'm pretty sure it's because my fun side wanted to play. Thanks, Eric, for the use of your face...)

No comments:

Post a Comment